Decor Trends happening in 2021
Updated: Jul 8, 2022
With the end of 2020 in sight, I want to give you a preview of what to expect in the interiors of 2021.
Looking back on the year 2020, we definitely stayed home a lot. We are longing for faraway destinations, we want cozy homes and the home office is everyday life, which asks for flexibility in our interiors.
What we can expect:
* Sustainable materials are more important than ever before and so are recycling and upcycling.
We see natural colors and materials for furniture, and plants and floral designs will create a homey feeling.
* Home Office is part of our everyday life and we see loads of multifunctional furniture.
* Bright colored wood. Beech, maple, and pine will be more popular than ever in the coming year. Their big advantage: They grow in Europe and are therefore more environmentally friendly than tropical woods. In addition, wooden elements have a calming effect and promote concentration.
* Round & Retro shapes, round shapes in interiors give a cozy and natural feeling. In this context, the vintage style, which is characterized by round shapes, will also be more in demand. Round carpets, lounge chairs with round shapes.
*Next year's leading colors will be Pantone "Illuminating yellow’’ and "Ultimate grey’’.
Don't you just love our Carpet 'Hilton': with lovely grey and yellow colors and a graphic Memphis-inspired design? 😍
* Decorations from far away destinations and oriental carpets will be part of our homes.
* Statement pieces. With extravagant pieces of furniture and decorative elements, unique accents can be set in 2021.
* Hexagons, we can't get enough of corners and edges this winter. Hexagons where the eye can see, wallpaper, decorations, and furnishing.
* And facial art design. We saw it already coming in Autumn. In the decoration area, there will be a revival of surrealist art in 2021 with facial art designs but it makes a great eye-catcher as wall decoration too.